Worth reviewing this weekend…
News about Internet.org creating free network access for users:
PCWorld.com News Article July 31, 2014
The position http://internet.org develops comes from the basic statistic:
Only 1 out of every 3 people can go online.
Why aren’t more people connected?
- Devices are too expensive.
- Service plans are too expensive.
- There’s no mobile network to connect to.
- Content isn’t available in the local language.
- Awareness of the value of internet is limited.
- Availability of power sources is limited.
- Networks can’t support large amounts of data.
“Together we can remove these barriers and give billions of people the power to connect.”
2 thoughts on “Internet.org – Redoubling Efforts”
Reblogged this on Anatomy of a Web Presence.